Wednesday, October 22, 2014

EPISODE 012 - Jerac, master Lego builder

We talked about it last week, and because you demanded it, we are bring our "lost episode" out of the vault!

Back in June, at the end of my "beta period", when I was still testing the podcasting waters, before Jason joined the show and we started getting serious about this project, I spoke with Jerac, a master Lego builder from Poland.  Last summer, Jerac was getting a great deal of attention for the giant sized Star Destroyer he had built from scratch.  His model is amazing! It looks as good an anything used in the films.  From a distance, you cant tell that it is made of Lego bricks!

Anyway, I never used my interview with Jerac, because quite honestly, we spoke very little about Star Wars.  Instead, we talked in length about Lego.  Since the name of the show isn't The Expanded Legoverse, I put this conversation aside for another day.  (I also lost the file for a while too, but that's a story for another day.)

Well, Jason and I have mentioned this conversation with Jerac before, and after we spoke about it last week, we knew we needed to get it out there!  So, here it is!  - But since this is an older interview, there is no Mind Probe, and there is no Trench Run.  But fear not, these fan-favorite segments will be back next week!

But, Legos are not the only thing we talk about this week.  We speed through the news of the week were we ponder why Star Wars fans get so angry sometimes, we talk about the treasures Jason found in his basement that he forgot he had, and I announce my "promotion" within my local 501st Garrison.  And, we add a new feature to the show, the Etsy find of the week.  Just a note: I make a PG-13 joke in this segment that will go over the heads of the kids, but isn't our normal sort of thing.  Sorry if I crossed a line there, it wont happen again, but I just wanted to warn you.  (sure, I could have edited it out, but, sometimes you have to live dangerously!)

We also have decided to extend the latest Jason's Jawa Giveaway (Utini!) through the end of the month.  You can still quality for the gift back of Rebels goodies from San Diego Comic Con.  All you need to do is call us at 205-383-3663, send us an email at TheExpandedFandomverse@gmail.com, or post on our Facebook page to get your name into the drawing!




Show Outline...
Intro - 00:25
News - 7:45
Etsy Find Of The Week - 21:24
Interview - 24:19
Jason's Jawa Giveaway - 54:49
Ending - 58:08

News...
Leaked Concept Art
Sheev Palpatine
Battlefront 3
German Star Wars 24/7
The Force Is Strong With Hasbro
Warwick Davis Returns! 


Marvel Star Wars Varient Covers 
Joe Quesada cover
Skottie Young cover
Alex Ross cover



Etsy Find Of The Week…
Star Wars Black Sheer Lace Low Rise Undies

Jerac's Links…
Flickr
Jerac's Lego Website

Images of Jerac's Lego Star Destroyer...









No comments:

Post a Comment