Sunday, March 30, 2014

WE RAN INTO SOME OLD FRIENDS.

(note: I am updating the site today, but I wasn't able to import my old posts, so I have to repost them. This was originally posted on Feburary 25th, 2014)

Well, new friends actually... I am happy to report that I have (kinda) lined up my first 9 guest on The Expanded Fandomverse podcast!  Now, all I need to do is figure out a time when I can sit down and talk with each of these people.

All nine people are complete strangers to me, which is great!  That's what I wanted; to meet new people and hear their stories.

"How did you find and convince 9 complete strangers to sit down and talk to you?" you ask?   Well, what I did is, I went on Facebook, joined a bunch of Star Wars groups (47 to be accurate).  Then, last night just before I went to bed, I posted a message in each group that read...
Hi- I apologize, I know this is off topic, but I am starting a Star Wars podcast about Star Was fans. I am looking for people to interview about their love of all things Star Wars. Please take a look at www.TheExpandedFandomverse.com and let me know if you have any interest.
Again, I am sorry for going off topic. Just trying to spread the word. May The Force Be With You!
It felt a little "spammy", but it worked.  I woke up this morning with 9 people saying "Yes!".  (plus one "maybe".)

Who knows, maybe by the end of the day, I'll have 9 more! Now comes the hard part, actually doing what I planned on doing.  I hope to do the first interview tomorrow, and have the first episode soon afterwards!  Keep checking back!


No comments:

Post a Comment